viernes, enero 26, 2007

It doesn't feel like Egypt...

The day before yesterday I was in a plane for 19 hours...
But I feel like I didn't move..

Yesterday.., I slept in my bed..
Today.., I woke up at home and talked to myself as usual, but this time somebody was listening..

I ate a different kind of bread and felt cold in a different way.., but when I stood up in the balcony of that 23rd floor I couldn't see The Nile nor the Pyramids..

My mind got control over my senses and all I could see and feel was the most beautiful of my life routines..
And my eyes stopped to admire how my imagination and proyections were more than right, even that perfect moment when making the bed I smiled at you..
So that was my first impression of CAIRO..
Even if the culture, the streets, the Nile, the Pyramids or the history of Egypt are surrounding me, it doesn't feel like Egypt.. it feels like home..

I didn't go out that Friday cause today is AI applications' deadline.., but I enjoyed the apartment as crazy..
I'm thinking right now about how I'm feeling.., sitting in my living room, alone only for 15 minutes.., and totally breaking my previous thought that Egypt is supposed to be hot.. :)

Seeing my reflection and loosing myself in the surreal dream I'm afraid to break if I breath stronger..










Here is the amazing view from that 23rd floor..,
Maybe you all can see what I couldn't that first day..

The Pyramids after the Nile, after 'Maadi', after that balcony..

1 comentario:

  1. esta lindisima la descripcion que hiciste sobre los primeros momentos en El Cairo.

    A ver, una pequenha correccion tecnica, en vez de escribir 'Hadayek El Maadi', simplemente escribe 'Maadi' (lo otro es en el mercado pupuloso que te ensenhe, recuerdas?)

    besitos

    ResponderBorrar