domingo, enero 07, 2007

An inconvenient truth..

"..INTELLECTUALLY EXHILARATING.. 'An unconvenient truth' is a necessary film"
A.O. Scott. THE NEW YORK TIMES "A sad 'coming soon'?.., a convenient interpretation for political publicity?.., or both??" E.C.B. CELESTE'S BLOG
I just saw the Academic Award-winning documental about the state of Global Warming.., an even if I accept that Al Gore commited certain mistakes, this is a subject that actually matters to me like few others do.., maybe because of my particular fears, or my care for animals.., or because "destruction" is a theme that has always "worried" me in a "neurotic and strange" way..
Directed by David Guggenheim and presented by former United States Vice President Al Gore:
DESTRUCTION.. isn't this word scary??
Have you ever thought if we are really sitting on a ticking time bomb? Maybe yes.., but how many of you have, as an obvious consolation, the fact that we are not going to be here then?.. Well, from a mind that really loves life and has recently DISCOVERED how it is to love and admire your country and your world (thing that I didn't realize before), Global Warming, if true, becomes a huge state of alert.. Because, even if sometimes I live in "other world", I can't believe how amazing animals are.., how beautiful the moon or a flower can be.., how much calm the rain can bring with its sweet nostalgy.., how powerful the smile of a person you love can be.., and how love can make this world go round.. I can go on and on with how amazed I am with our world.. I just don't want to imagine destruction..
The title for this film seems to me so "convenient"... Although it refers to a passage from the famous book 'Democracy in America', another thing comes to my mind, as I was talking the other day with a friend in terms of what's convenient or not for us.. People decisions are based on that, even when we don't notice it directly.. So, if the majority of people think Global Warming is caused by humanity, how come we arrived to this point?.. theory of immediate satisfaction!!
.. but this is a subject for another day.. or another post..

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario